The product is a VR simulator tailored for ground staff training process as regards the activities carried out while handling an aircraft at a stand.
The basic training unit provided using the simulator will be a training session. The simulation covers a reality presenting the complete process of passenger aircraft ground handling from the moment of preparing the stand for the aircraft through taxiing the aircraft to the stand, performing all the activities related to handling the aircraft, passengers and luggage until, finally, pushing the aircraft to the taxiway.
Throughout the entire process of aircraft handling:
the trainee may freely move around the stand. It is possible in particular to enter the places in which a ground handling employee should never be present in order to make the trainee aware of the places which, at a certain time or throughout the period of aircraft handling, he must not enter. The trainee will move around the tarmac using controllers held in his hands. The system automatically detects a situation where the trainee has entered a zone which at a given time he should not be in and will signal it (an example of such a situation is walking over the hose for aircraft refuelling).
The trainee has access to additional information materials, in particular to information about the process currently carried out by the observed person and additional information about the process in progress. Such information is displayed to the trainee as a text triggered at the trainee’s request.
The system randomly generates atypical situations (e.g. doors not securely closed while boarding), which the trainee will be obliged to report. The system will remember the occurrence of an atypical situation and the trainee’s reaction.
The simulator covers a list of available handling-related activities:
- Stand inspection prior to aircraft arrival
- Inspection of aircraft skin to detect damage, if any
- Placing chocks under the wheels
- Setting up cones
- Bringing the airbridge or stairs with a bus ready for passengers’ transport
- Unloading using the conveyor belt or high-loader (luggage hold visible only from the outside of the aircraft, without the possibility to enter inside)
- Loading the luggage using the conveyor belt or high-loader (luggage hold visible only from the outside of the aircraft, without the possibility to enter inside)
- Cones collected from the stand
- Departure of passenger stairs or retracting the airbridge
- Outside check of the aircraft and inspection of the skin condition
- Wheel chocks are removed